Friday, April 01, 2005

Hugo Award Nominations

I realize, somewhat belatedly, that the nominations for the 2005 Hugo Awards are out (since March 26 to be exact)

Now, I am mainly a book (i.e novel, not novella) person, so I am of course most interested in the Best Novel Nominations:

# The Algebraist by Iain M. Banks (Orbit)
# Iron Council by China MiƩville (Del Rey; Macmillan)
# Iron Sunrise by Charles Stross (Ace)
# Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke (Bloomsbury)
# River of Gods by Ian McDonald (Simon & Schuster)

Two of these I was already planning to read (Iron Council and Johnatan Strange & Mr Norrell) as soon as I can find them in more carry-around-friendly versions (hardcover is too heavy). And, well, now I will have to look for the other three as well...

The whole list of award nominees is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home